Monday 8 September 2014

Recount with a Twist

For the last few weeks in writing, we have been working on writing a recount (something true that happened) with a twist (something imaginative). Here are some excellent examples of stories that Room 5 students wrote.


One day I was reading a story about BlackBeard, a famous pirate when suddenly the floor heaved beneath my feet. When it finally stopped moving I felt dizzy and sick. I felt like I was seasick. The floor lurched to the side and I fell over. It felt like the decking of a ship. A ship? I stared at the book in horror. Suddenly, I had appeared on Queen Annie's revenge, Blackbeard's ship. I looked around when a massive wall of salty water poured over the side and hit me full force in the face! I stumbled and nearly fell over the side, trying to get an octopus off my face when it squirted ink at me! I grabbed it and threw it off the side of the ship. Then a tentacle wrapped around my leg and threw me off the ship. It was the Kraken! I was about to become seafood. I prayed to every greek god I knew that I would survive this. I even offered my dads cooking! (It is disgusting so I did not want it in the first place) I hoped they liked it. Then as I was near the mouth, I felt a sword tip spear my shirt and hold me in place. It was BlackBeard! I turned around and then wished I hadn’t. His beard was black and worse it was full of bugs! YUCK! Did he even shave? Then a whirlpool picked me up and I teleported forward in time. I checked the year and it was 9999. Oh No! I went too far! Suddenly a tornado ripped through the city towards me. I got sucked into it. “Not again!” I yelled.

by Thomas



“Yipee daily blogging time!” Every day I would do a daily blog about a music video on Youtube. Today I was creating my very own music!

I was so jubilant that the video had gone viral! Every minute that passed, my video would get one billion hits. 3 minutes had passed and the computer started getting surrounded by smoke. I was worried. What was going to happen?….

“KABOOM!!!” The computer blew up. I tried to make the fire disappear before anyone would see but it was too much of a fire. I was going to be in a LOT of trouble when Mum and Dad found out about this horrific mess.

by Zeba



One day on Roblox, I was playing Build to Survive the Zombies. There was a minecraft set which was my favourite. I built my house out of diamond ore then I placed glowstone in certain places that would light up the area. Each time I won a wave I got some points. That way I could buy items that would help me a lot. I usually survive most of the disasters. But one time a disaster was a nyan zombie, they have the least health. When I turned around in first-person-mode, I saw it in front of me and it killed me. What a fright!

All of a sudden a black hole appeared where I spawned and it sucked me into my game. I could control everything! But I needed to get out before I became zombie food. A bright idea came into my head. I found out since I was in Roblox I could sprint as fast as I wanted without running out of breath like Usain Bolt and use my items infinite times. I went to the options menu and changed the current game that I was in to my favourite game which is Survive the 97 disasters. I was a bit lucky since I bought a fusion coil for 350 roblox tickets. A fusion coil is awesome since it combines the power of speed and non-gravity. I was having a bit too much fun and when the disaster black hole came I got sucked into it and died. Weirdly I didn’t feel a thing. I then returned back to my normal world. I was disappointed that I could not do things I had done as a Robloxian now but I was happy to be back. I looked into the mirror to see if I was still a robloxian but luckily enough I looked normal. Then my face glitched…..

by Harry


Visit our individual blogs to read more of our stories. Please leave us some feedback in the comment section. What have we done well? What do we need to work on to improve our writing?

1 comment:

  1. Wow Thomas, Zeba and Harry. You all wrote a lot of good stories. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete